I will be attending the assembly at Belfast City Hall at 1pm on Wednesday 6th April 2011 to show my abhorrence of the murder of PSNI Constable Ronan Kerr. The assembly is being organised by the Irish Congress of Trade Unions Northern Ireland.
I urge all members of the public to attend and let us all stand firm to show those responsible for Saturday’s atrocity and the many recent and ongoing security alerts across Northern Ireland that they are acting not in our name.
Acting General Secretary, ICTU NI
Following the brutal murder of Constable Ronan Kerr, Congress will be providing an opportunity for Trade Union members and the greater public to assemble at Belfast City Hall, at 1pm on Wednesday 6th April, to show our abhorrence of the murder of PSNI Constable Ronan Kerr.
At this event a short statement will be read by the Vice Chair of the Northern Ireland Committee and no other Speeches will take place. The event will finish at 1.15pm.
We would urge you to encourage as many people as possible to attend this brief event in support of democracy, peace and justice across Northern Ireland
Assistant General Secretary
I have signed up on this facebook event, I am sure there may be others. Please forward this to as many as possible.
- Trade Unions Call Peace Rally for Belfast City Hall April 6 at 1pm (cedarlounge.wordpress.com)
- Trade Union Peace Rally, Belfast April 6th at 1pm (politics.ie)
- Northern Ireland deserves better (libdemsni.wordpress.com)
- Murder will not destabilise peace (bbc.co.uk)
- Car bomb killers ‘enemies of peace’ (mirror.co.uk)