For all those who are wondering if their child is lesbian or gay, the Education Ministry in Penang, Malaysia, has a simple list of ‘symptoms’ which may assist you, according to freemalaysiakini2.com.
Symptoms of gays:
- Have a muscular body and like to show their body by wearing V-neck and sleeveless clothes;
- Prefer tight and light-coloured clothes;
- Attracted to men; and
- Like to bring big handbags, similar to those used by women, when hanging out.
Symptoms of lesbians:
- Attracted to women;
- Besides their female companions, they will distance themselves from other women;
- Like to hang out, have meals and sleep in the company of women; and
- Have no affection for men.
“Once the children have these symptoms, immediate attention should be given,” the guidelines warn.
Immediate attention? Immediate and ongoing love and attention should be the way forward. Love and attention that affirms your child as a person – not as a child with ‘an issue’ would be much more likely to produce a well-balanced individual. If you are concerned about this, please write to The Malaysian Ambassador, 45-46, Belgrave Square, London SW1X 8QT.